Lose weight with these healthy recipes 7-Day Plan
Follow these AARP New American Diet daily meal plans and healthy recipes to lose weight and feel more energetic.
7-Day Plan – Day 4
Breakfast: Egg sandwich; 5 strawberries
Snack #1: 1 cup plain Greek yogurt with a few walnuts and a handful of blueberries
Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and zucchini on rye bread with mustard; 1 kiwi
Snack #2: Handful of grapes
7-Day Plan Dinner recipe
: Herb-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin With Sautéed Asparagus
2½ tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, chives, parsley)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 4-ounce filet mignon steaks
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix the herbs, salt, pepper, mustard and garlic. Coat the steaks on both sides with the herb mixture.
3. Add the olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, sear the steaks on each side (about 2 minutes per side), until a crust forms.
4. Remove the steaks from the skillet and put into a nonstick baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the steak reaches the desired degree of doneness.
5. Serve with sautéed asparagus.
7-Day Plan – Day 4 Facts
Nutrients per serving: 378 calories, 29g protein, 2g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium