Low carb granola
30g flax seeds, 1 tbs of sunflower seeds, 3 almonds, 1 tsp of butter, 1 pinch of cinnamon, 1 tbs of double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF) or gas mark 4.
2. In a pan, mix together flax seeds, sunflower seeds and nuts. Drizzle with melted butter. Stir in cinnamon.
3. Toast in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Water down the cream and pour over the granola.
Calories: 355, Net carbs: 4.2g
Curried cauliflower soup
1 tbs of olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, crushed, 80g cauliflower, cauliflower, 60g leek, chopped, 1/2 vegetable stock cube, 1/2 tsp curry powder, 2 tbs of double cream, 20g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat; sauté crushed garlic until softened.
2. Sauté the cauliflower and leek, stirring occasionally for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Prepare your vegetable stock by dissolving the powder in 250mls of boiling water.
4. Stir the vegetable stock and curry powder into the cauliflower, bring to a boil, reduce heat simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Blend the soup. Add in the cheese before serving.
Calories: 441, Net carbs: 7g
Trout with stir-fried vegetables
1 large fillet of trout, 1 tbs of olive oil, 4 spring onions, chopped, 4 mushrooms, chopped, 1 small carrot, chopped, 1 tbs of butter, 1 tbs of lemon juice, Mixed herbs
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the trout on both sides for about 5-6 mins.
2. In a separate pan, heat the butter and gently fry the spring onions and mushrooms for about 3-4 mins.
3. Just before serving, sprinkle the fish with the lemon juice and herbs.
Calories: 473, Net carbs: 6.6g
Snacks: Feta cheese cubes and olives